1 nos Cauliflower (separated into florets)
For frying Fortune Oil
2 nos. Onions (1 ground to a paste, 1 finely chopped)
1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Red chilli powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
4 nos Black Peppercorns
3 nos Cloves
2 nos Green Cardamom
1 nos Black Cardamom
1 small piece Mace
Â½ cup Tomato puree
1 tbsp Khoya (grated)
2 leaves Silver varq
3-4 nos Almonds (cut into slivers)
1 nos Green chilli
1. Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry cauliflower florets till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
2. Combine the onion paste with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and saute chopped onion with whole spices till onion is golden and spices release flavour. Cool and grind to a paste. Keep aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and saute the onion-ginger-garlic paste. Mix in tomato puree and khoya and saute.
5. Mix in onion-spice paste, add cauliflower and water and cook till cauliflower absorbs the flavour and gravy thickens. Heat oil in a tadka spoon and fry the green chilli whole.
6. To serve, arrange florets in a plate and pour gravy around them. Apply silver varq, sprinkle over with almonds and place fried green chilli on top. Serve hot.